Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bubble-Up Enchiladas

sorry this pic is while it's backing...trust me it is good!!!

While searching the internet I found this recipe from Recipe Diaries for Bubble-Up Enchiladas. The name intrigued me and was a simple recipe. It is also a weight watchers one I noticed. I did make a couple changes, I only used half the enchilada sauce and added black beans. Everyone raved about this meal, next time I will try it with cornmeal biscuits.


Nutrition  Info: Calories 390 | Fat 11.5g | Carbohydrate 36g | Fiber 2g | Protein 33g
Weight Watcher Recipes 6 points (old points)

Serves 6



1 pound ground turkey
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then you just dump it all in a greased casserole and bake for 25 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

You can make this into 6 or 8 servings

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm.. I will have to make this one! I have browned turkey and home-made enchilada sauce in the freezer ready to go! You have an awesome blog, btw! ~Christel

    ReplyDelete