Friday, April 20, 2012

Growing Green Onions... Inside

Once again I saw a brilliant idea on Pinterest to grow green onions on your counter in glass of water. The idea was genius! What a great way to get more for your money. 

Most recipes just use the green top of the onion, so once you cut off what you need you place the rest in a cup with water. 








Ten days later, this is what my cup of onions looked like. Quite a bit had grown. I couldn't believe it actually worked. 


This was the second time growing these particular onions. I will update after a month or so to let you know how its going. I am not sure if it will be an endless growing thing or if there is an end to their life.



Another idea I found on Pinterest, is a way to store the green onions if you don't need them at the time. I chopped them up, placed them in a bottle, and put it in the freezer. Then when I do need them I can just shake out the amount I need and put it back in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment