Friday, July 27, 2012

A Boys room to grow with... hopefully!

The boys room is finally to a point that I consider done!

I have been wanting to redo the boys' room since Jayden moved to his big boy bed. I bought the street scape bedding at Target and just couldn't decided where to go from there. I searched to internet for ideas. I thought I wanted to do a large city mural on one wall. I sat on that idea for almost 3 years, and boy am I glad I did! By piecing together ideas I saw on pinterest. I was able to create a room that I LOVE... seriously I think this might be my most favorite room in the house. Not only is it personal, but I think it will be able to grow with them a lot longer than a large mural. 

*I apologize, I can't seem to locate any before pictures.
 

The bedding is from Target, yes they don't match, that is what happens when you buy the one set on clearance before you know your having another boy! Anyway... The valance is made from license plates from previous cars of ours. It will be fun when they get older to explain the history behind them.
  
The numbers in the racing strips are the years the boys were born.... if you haven't guessed that already! The numbers came from Menards. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find wooden numbers. 
 
The pegboard is a work in progress, I hope to add to it as the years go on with different mementos from trips we take.

2 comments: