Monday, July 2, 2012

Chocolate Chip No-Bake cookies

What's a girl got to do to get some cookies???

 I have been dying to bake cookies, but with heat index in the 100's I really don't want to turn on the oven. While searching through my Sweets Board on Pinterest, I found a recipe for Vanilla Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies. I really wanted Chocolate Chip cookies though. 

With a little conjuring I came up with..... 
Chocolate Chip No-Bake Cookies
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. butter 
2/3 c. milk
1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla flavor pudding mix 
(I used sugar free, because it is what I had on hand)
3 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

In a large pan, mix together the sugar, butter and the milk. Bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add in the pudding mix, oats and baking soda. Let stand 5-10 minutes*, and stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
 
*This is a key step. I didn't let my mixture cool long enough so when I mixed in the chocolate chips, they melted instantly.
  
____________________________________________


Menu for the week
Monday- Hot Beef Sandwiches (I take a short cut and use beef lunch meat)
Tuesday- Eat out at Pizza Ranch
Wednesday- Lasagna
Thursday- Bubble-Up Enchiladas 
Friday- Left-overs


 


No comments:

Post a Comment