Thursday, February 9, 2012

I can't believe it was that easy.....

I was roaming around pinterest the other day as usual. When I came upon a picture of my beloved kitchenaid mixer, with meat in it. I had to click to figure out why meat, mine is usually full of cookie dough! simplyhealthyfam.blogspot.com said that if you stick chicken in the mixer with the usual paddle, turn the mixer on to speed 4-6 and in just 20-30 seconds you'll have perfect shredded chicken. So, we were having French Dip sandwiches last night and I decided to give this a try with the roast I cooked.


I placed the whole roast in, I didn't cut it up at all.


Turned the mixer on to 5 and in no time at all.... it was perfectly shredded! It was sooooo easy!


The only parts that weren't shredded where fatty pieces that you wouldn't want.



Tip: Make sure the meat is warm/hot before you shred it. Refrigerated meat is harder and may harm your mixer.



French Dip Sandwich Rolls  
1 pkt onion soup mix 
1 can beef broth 
2 lb chuck pot roast, trimmed 
1 pkg fresh potato rolls 
4 oz shredded mozzarella    

*Combine beef broth and onion soup mix in crock-pot.  Add roast.  
*Cook on low 8 hours.  
*Remove roast to slice or shred.  Open rolls. Layer beef, then cheese.
*Place on cookie sheet.  Cover loosely with foil.
*Bake @375o for 25 min.  

Serve with bowls of au jus for dipping. 

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I saw this on Pinterest and wondered if it would work. Cutting up chicken is the worst task ever, can't wait to try this on it.

    ReplyDelete