Friday, June 10, 2011

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies!

Carmel Yogurt Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
The other day at work we were talking about cookies. I realized I hadn't made any for awhile. So, being it was a rainy day I decided it was time to bake! As I set out to make cookies I noticed I had a container of carmel yogurt in the fridge that needed to be used, so I searched the internet to see if you could use yogurt to make cookies. Enter Happy Tummy Blog, this blog had a recipe for oatmeal yogurt cookies that I decided to try. There isn't any butter or eggs, so I figure they have to be somewhat healthy right?!


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
  • 1 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
  • 2/3 cups rolled oats
  • 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup carmel (or whatever kind you have)
  • 1/8 cup canola oil
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.

I usually don't follow this step, because I HATE getting another bowl dirty- In a large bowl, sift the flours together with the baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk in the sugar and oats, then stir in the raisins and chocolate chips. Beat the yogurt with the oil, then add to flour mixture to make a dough.

Instead I just Beat the yogurt and oil, then add brown sugar, baking powder, oats, and flour.

Roll into small balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten and bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until firm and brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.


Also by popular demand...here is the recipe for my favorite go to cookies...Sorry no pictures, just trust me these are sweet, salty irresistible morsels
Oatmeal Scotchies
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick oats
2 cups flour
1 - 12oz package of butterscotch chips


Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix together all the ingredients in order listed. 
Bake for 10 minutes! 
Cool and enjoy! 


I bet you can't eat just one! There is something addictive in the butterscotch chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment