Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Furniture Re-Birth

I have been thinking about adding a desk to Gabrielle's room for awhile. I just never really looked for one. Now that she is going to start taking piano lessons in the Fall, she needed a place to set her keyboard and practice. I was out garage sale-ing one morning and saw this desk for $5. I loved all the detail on the top drawers and the spindle legs. Right after buying it I knew I wanted to paint it black. 

The only issue I had about taking on this project was I didn't want to have to strip and sand all the parts. So I did some research on the internet and found that there was a primer that I could use that would adhere to anything pretty much. So I headed to Menards and bought the primer and got to work making sure to carefully follow all instructions on the can including drying time between coats. That is Key!


I didn't really want to spend any more money or time on new hardware, so I bought nickel spray paint and painted the metal parts and painted the wood white. I also added black details... peace signs and zebra stripes.


Here is the finished product (minus one pull, I need to find the last screw) I am extremely happy with the results, and Gabrielle likes it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment