Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mexican Black Bean Lasagna

I found this recipe a while back and it freezes really well. I have made it for new moms, family members, and to stock my freezer.

I apologize, I don't have any pictures of the finished product. But, this picture is of the "stuffing" and I think it just looks so gorgeous and yummy! Which by the way it is great just like this on chips.

Ingredients:
 1 can whole kernel corn, rinsed or 8oz. frozen corn 
 1/3 cup sliced green onions  
 2 tsp ground cumin  
 2 tsp oregano  
 1 can black beans, rinsed  
 1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (14.5 oz.)  
 1 can chopped green chilies  
 4-6 taco size flour or corn tortillas  
 2 cups four cheese Mexican blend cheese  
 ¼ cup chopped cilantro, optional 

Preheat oven to 400 °F . Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl and mix 
well. Coat two 8x8 pans (I usually use a circle casserole dish that is the same size as my tortillas) or one 9x13 pan with cooking spray.   Place a layer of  
tortillas in the bottom each dish (1 ½ tortillas in the 9x13) Spoon 1/4 of the corn 
and tomato mixture over the tortillas. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese. Repeat the 
layers in each pan. 
Foil and bake for 15 minutes.
  
Freezing Directions: Cover with labeled foil and freeze. Thaw for 24 hours and 
heat at 400 for 30 minutes. 
  
Serving Suggestions: Garnish with sour cream or guacamole. Serve with green 
salad and/or vegetable, Mexican rice, tortilla chips and salsa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment