Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crazy Start...MPM

This little LEGO stick made a rough start to the beginning of our week. (I know kind of a strange thing to take a picture of, but I must document life) Monday night we made a quick trip to Urgent Care, because Gabby was poked in the ear with this stick. 

It was a frightening moment. I had never heard my child scream with such fear and agony. I knew immediately she was really hurt, the blood in her ear canal told me we needed to see the doctor. At Urgent Care we found out she indeed had a hole in her ear drum. The extent of the damage was unclear, so we needed to see the ENT first thing Tuesday. That night it wasn't easy to sleep with the fear of hearing loss looming. Gabby kept saying she couldn't hear very well out of that ear, which just made me sick. All I could do was blame myself, If only I wouldn't have made the kids pick up the legos together this wouldn't have happened.

Tuesday, I finally breathed a sigh of relief. Seeing Gabby raise her hand so many times during her hearing test, made me want to sing praise! They tested everything, and found no bone or nerve damage. She does have slight hearing loss due to the hole, but when the hole heals the hearing should return.

Now that everything has settled... here is what we are eating this week!

Monday- TatorTot Casserole
Tuesday- Spaghetti and Salad
Wednesday- McD's 
Thursday- Tuna and Noodles
Friday- Eggs and cinnamon roll muffins --Happy National Egg Day!
Saturday-
Sunday- Cheese & Cracker Party 

And by the way.... it is also National Cookie Month!

1 comment: