Friday, July 22, 2011

Frozen White Chocolate Hot Chocolate

I know it is an oxymoron of sorts... but trust me this summer time treat is delish and will have you thinking of the colder days of winter! I found this recipe from dineanddish.net while I browsed the resent pins on my Pinterest account.


Recipe: Frozen White Chocolate Hot Chocolate (Adapted from Epicurious)
  • 6 half-ounce pieces of high quality white chocolate
  • 2 Tbs half and half
  • 1 envelope store bought hot chocolate mix
  • 1  tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 cups ice
  • Whipped cream (optional)
  • Chocolate shavings (optional)
Place the white chocolate pieces and the half and half into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minutes, stopping to stir half way through. Continue to heat until melted and smooth.  Add the cocoa and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.

In a blender place the remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a cup and top with homemade whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

*I was lazy and didn't want to search for a white chocolate bar, so I just used some white chocolate chips I had in the cupboard!
*Also, this recipe was enough for all 5 of us to have some, not a lot but probably about 1/2 - 1 cup.























They were obviously tasty... we had a few moments of complete silence! Except for Gabrielle begging me to take her pic, because I "NEVER" use pics of her on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment