Thursday, September 1, 2011

Latest Tries...Pinterest

It has been a crazy last couple of weeks with school starting, working, and I have found a new obsession... Zumba. Anyway, I figured I would do an accumulation post of the things I have tried off of pinterest and the blog world lately.



First, I made these Cake Batter rice krispie bars. It seems you can put cake mix in just about anything these days. They were a huge hit!! You can find the recipe on that site or you can just add 1/4 -1/3 cup of yellow cake mix to your usual krispie bar recipe.



Next, Candy Bar Surprise Cookies just think your best chocolate chip cookie with your favorite candy bar inside.... very sinful! We tried KitKat and Reeses. This would be a great way to use up halloween candy.


"Drunken Gummies" were a combination of something we tried and heard about from a wonderful Adventureland Inn bartender and research online. The basics is you take gummy bears and soak them in alcohol for about 8 days. Just put enough alcohol in to cover the bears. They are a great treat. Although only one of mine turned out. The 2 vodka kinds ended up a big melted sticky mess. I am not sure it was the plastic containers or another issue, but we will definitely try again!


Last isn't food related surprisingly! I got this wonderful organization idea from Missy at http://starrfam.blogspot.com/ . I bought drawers from target for each kid, and this is swim central! All swim suits and swim diapers go in a drawer. and then on the shelf above is towels, toys and sunscreen. So when we want to go swimming I just have to go to one place to get it all!




1 comment:

  1. You should try Skittle Vodka, you soak the skittles in Vodka for a couple days, it's pretty tasty, google it.

    ReplyDelete