Saturday, September 10, 2011

Proud Mama

Today was one of those moments I was so proud and astounded by my daughter it is hard to put into words. When we decided to have a garage sale a few weeks ago, Gabby decided she was going to have a bake sale/ lemonade stand.

This past week after I picked the kids up from church school Gabby started to tell me about how they were trying to raise money to buy mosquito nets, because some people get really sick from mosquitos. I was very impressed that she remembered this and that she showed interest in helping someone else out. I talked her into donating a portion of her profits to ELCA Malaria fund, and again much to my surprise she wanted to donate all of the money she made. So, According to her $20 will buy 20 nets. Now I am not sure if that is really how much they cost, but none the less she is very proud of the money she raised for nets and heath education!

No comments:

Post a Comment