Thursday, September 22, 2011

Per Request.....Summer Sand Cake

Mike to this to work today and when he brought it home he said he wasn't sure what happened to it, but it obviously got inhaled! So I am assuming that means it was good. Along with having someone request me to blog about this desert. Another reason it must be tasty! And no... this doesn't have twinkies in it.

I originally pinned this recipe this summer with the thought of making it for the kids' birthday party, but I haven't had time to make it. So when Mike needed something and there were no requests and showed him my "food" pins for him to pick from so I could try something new.

This photo is from iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com... I forgot to take a pic of mine.

There are three layers and you rotate them, layering the bucket until it's full. (or just do 3 layers like I did)

Layer 1: 1 package of smashed cookies (of your choice)- I used Vanilla Sandwich cookies
Layer 2: 2 small packages of vanilla pudding, 3.5 cups of milk, 12 oz. of cool whip
Layer 3: an 8 oz. package of cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter (room temperature), 1 cup powdered sugar

FYI: The third layer is a little thicker and harder to spread. So I ended up putting that on the bottom so I could just spread it on the bottom of my dish. Make sure to end with the cookies on the top layer, to make it look beach-y!  If you have a food processor you can use it to crush the cookies, or put them in a baggie and take out your frustrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment