Monday, May 23, 2011

Etched pyrex- great wedding gift



I saw this tutorial on Twincess Designs and even though I don't have a Silhouette or Circuit machine I figured I could find away to make it work. It makes a great wedding or house warming gift. This will definitely stay on, unlike sharpie marker! 






The only downside to this project is the starting expense is a little high, but if you plan on doing multiple its okay. I was able to find the glass etching cream at Michaels, just make sure to have your 40% coupon handy!

Step 1: I used my computer to find the font I liked for the name I was doing, I designed it to be exactly the size I wanted it. Since I don't own any of those fancy machines, I bought Con-Tact paper and used my printer to print the name on the back of it. To get the printer to take the Con-tact paper, I taped a sheet of it to a sheet of regular printer paper. 










Step 2: Use an exacto knife to cut out your letters. If you have letters that have a middle like my "D" and "e", you will need to save those little pieces so you can put them onto the pan.











Step 3: Carefully peal the Con-tact paper backing off and place it on the bottom of your pan. This is when you need to place those little middle pieces in their correct spots.



Step 4: Use a Q-tip or foam brush to really glop on the etching cream on. I let it sit on the pan longer than the bottle suggested. Leave it for almost an hour. After you let it sit, you can use an old shopping card to scrap the cream off and put it back in the bottle to use again later, or just rinse it off. Peal off the Con-Tact paper and admire your awesome homemade, personalized gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment