Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Projects-Lots of Projects

Lately I have been finding lots of projects on blogs that I am wanting to complete. My Pinterest boards are getting full of ideas! I wouldn't consider myself overly crafty, but I do like to create things. Over this last week I was able to knock a couple of projects off my to-do list.



Project #1- Family Rules chalk board. I converted our computer cabinet doors into chalkboards using chalkboard paint. I have seen this "family rules" idea all over the blogosphere. Here is one over at Starr Circus. It is great personalized subway art. You can order them on Etsy, but I am cheap frugal and love to try things myself. Eventhough the boys can't read, Gabby can and she enjoys reading it and seeing what is on there and what isn't! It is still a work in progress as you can see. But I can see this being a fun piece of "art" in our house.


Project #2- Menu/To-do dry erase board. This idea I fell in love with over at Positively Splendid. She has a tutorial on how to make it! This is a vast improvement from our cheap, plain old, nothing special white dry erase board we were using before! I used 3 different pieces of scrap book paper, a few letter stickers, some chopped up Uppercase Living expressions, and a $5 picture frame from Walmart. Yes, you can use dry erase markers on glass!!! I just can't really put into words how much I love this thing it turned out awesome... in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment