Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Productive Sewing Day!

On this wonderfully rainy day I was very productive cleaning house and finishing projects. The first project I was able to finish is a re-purpose t-shirt style halter dress. I bought the pattern from Lil Blue Boo. After printing out the pattern piece pages I took wax paper and traced the size I would need. That way I wouldn't have to reprint the pages if I wanted to use a different size in the future. I repurposed 3 different tshirts to make this dress. I could have gotten away with just 2, but felt I needed to add another color by using a 3rd for the neck binding.

I have actually been working on this project for about a month. I just wasn't finding time/motivation to complete it until now! Gabby is very excited about her new "Bieber dress" she is wearing it to school tomorrow.


The next project I knocked off my list was a tool belt for the boys. The minute I saw this tutorial on Make it and Love it I knew I HAD to make at least one for the boys. I made a few changes, I used ribbon for the hammer loop and decorative trim. Also instead of making it tie at the waist I used a belt that we had laying around. This way Jayden can take the belt on and off on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment